Have you been “tinkering” with Stem Cells or Platelet Rich Plasma, just tired of insurance based and patient quantity Medicine (i.e. seeing 20-30+ patients daily) or a new fellowship graduate with a passion for Stem Cell Orthopedics? Do you have a deep desire to break into the new, exciting and rapidly growing field of Stem Cell Orthopedics and Sports Medicine providing a surgical alternative with less down time, more predictability and no removal of vital tissue for your patients? If so, we hope you will take the time to read the Staff Physician posting below!!
iOBX is the most advanced and well-respected Stem Cell Center in the region and has garnered National recognition. We are a premier Stem Cell and Bio-Restorative Orthopedic, Sports Medicine and Spine Care Center located in Charlotte, NC. Our Physicians are on the forefront of this new frontier and have dedicated their careers to Bio-Restorative medicine. We make it a point to stay ahead of the curve, utilizing cutting-edge technology in our state-of-the-art facility.
This position is virtually 100% Autologous Bio-Restorative Medicine. Treatments include acute and chronic injuries of all Extremity and Spinal Orthopedic related areas. You will be supported by a full clinical team consisting of Physician Assistant, Clinical Assistant, Fluoroscopic Technician, and a PhD clinical lab scientist. You will see patients for consultations, follow-ups and treatments. You will perform our cutting-edge, proprietary Stem Cell treatment processes. Don’t miss this chance to enter what is not only one of the newest and most exciting fields of Medicine, but truly the future of Orthopedic Medicine.
- Active and Valid license to practice Medicine
- Doctorate in Medicine (M.D. or D.O.)
- Board Certified
- Fellowship Trained (or graduating by Summer 2019) in Orthopedic and/or Sports Medicine to include extensive training in Orthopedic Fluoroscopy (including spine) AND Orthopedic Ultrasound
- RMSK Certified
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform new consultations to assess symptoms and formulate an accurate, comprehensive diagnoses
- Assign appropriate treatment plan according to each patient’s needs
- Deep Passion for Stem Cell and Bio-Restorative Medicine
- Proficient at Bone-Marrow Aspirations (can be taught)
- Proficient at Liposuction (can be taught)
- Thorough mastery of Orthopedic and Spinal physical examination
- Perform imaging guided Stem Cell implantations
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional dedication and motivation
- Order outside diagnostic tests and lab work as needed
- Oversee accurate charting of clinical assistants and PA
- Conduct follow-ups with patients to monitor and track their condition and progress
- Refer patients to another medical specialist when needed
- Maintain confidentiality and always work with respect and integrity
- Encourage preventative health measures including proper diet, physical therapy, hormone replacement therapy, nutritionist, etc when appropriate
- Expert in Orthopedic Ultrasound for diagnostic imaging and procedural guidance
- Team player and able work under the chief medical officer
- Excels in communicating in an empathetic manner
- Sound judgment and expert decision-making abilities
- Desire to produce manuscripts and be involved in clinical research
- Flexible Schedule
Please email [email protected] a cover letter with your CV that details why you are applying for this position and a summary of past accomplishments (and any pertinent research).
Job Type: Full-time
Who We Are
iOBX is the most advanced and well respected Stem Cell Center in the region and has gained National recognition. We are a premier Stem Cell and Bio-Restorative Orthopedic, Sports Medicine and Spine Care Center located in South Charlotte. We make it a point to stay ahead of the curve, utilizing cutting-edge technology in our state-of-the-art facility.
Physician Assistant Job Description
54 million adults in the U.S. suffer from Arthritis and more than 8.6 million experience a sport related injury each year. Offer your patients a surgical alternative with less down time, less prescribing of narcotics and no surgical removal of vital tissue. If you have a desire to break into the exciting and rapidly growing field of Bio-Restorative Orthopedics and be part of the future…now, then please take a moment to learn about the Physician Assistant position at iOBX. Our Physician Assistant is not only a vital part of our team, but an asset to our physicians and clinical staff. They will assist in seeing patients for consultations and follow-ups, brace fittings, minor procedures, pre/post procedural appointments, taking patient calls during and after hours. They will also prepare for and assist in our cutting edge Stem Cell treatments. Don’t miss this chance to enter what is not only one of the newest and most exciting fields of medicine, but truly the future of Orthopedics.
Physician Assistant Requirements
- Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred. NBCOPA preferred but not required.
- Must have or be eligible for a DEA license. Approved to practice as Physician Assistant in North Carolina. Eligible for prescriptive authority application through the Board of Nursing or Medical Board in NC required.
- BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA.
- Critical thinking, interpersonal skills, strong work ethic, responsibility, and self-accountability are among the qualities necessary for success in this role.
- Thorough and adequate training in the field of Bio-Restorative medicine will be provided.
- New or soon to be graduates are encouraged to apply for this position as training will be provided.
Physician Assistant Tasks
- Prepare patient for their procedure; help them position themselves for the examination and/or treatment. Prepares procedural suite for treatment; prepares sterile field for Physician to perform procedures; assists physician during Bio-Restorative procedures.
- Draws up and administers medication to patients for treatment; starts IV lines and blood draws.
- Performs initial and periodic medical history, high quality and pertinent physical examinations.
- Writes appropriate prescriptions and administers medications, including controlled substances.
- Attends, participates and contributes to practice meetings and development of policies and procedures when requested.
- Educates patients; answers questions and obtains consent from patient prior to procedure.
- Assists in determining treatment plans for patients.
- Documents all patient encounters, records observations, interventions, and actions in a medically appropriate manner in the patient’s chart.
- Orders and interprets laboratory and radiology examinations.
- Serves and protects the physician and practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and JCAHO standards.
** Additional miscellaneous tasks as needed.
*Training and supervision to be given by physicians who have dedicated their careers to Bio-Restorative Stem Cell Orthopedics and spend 100% of their time consulting on and performing Stem Cell treatments. Our physicians have been trained by some of the best in the field of Biologics and are truly leaders in their fields. They are prepared to offer education, training and support to a PA who is excited about their field and willing to put in the time and effort to learn their craft.
Position requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. Employee must be able to lift and support the weight of at least 50 pounds in handling or positioning patients, moving or adjusting medical equipment, and supplies. Must possess intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and finger dexterity. Must have the ability to react and perform in a stressful setting.
12 vacation days to start, quarterly bonus based on performance, frequent catered lunches and team building events. We will soon be offering excellent healthcare coverage partially paid for by the company and 401K, disability and life insurance. In the meantime, we offer a quarterly stipend. iOBX is one of the most advanced and well respected Stem Cell Centers in the region and is working toward National representation. The Physician Assistant will be part of developing and introducing groundbreaking treatments, not only to the Charlotte-Metro area, but the country. At iOBX, you will not only be following the protocols that have been laid out for you, you will be part of creating the protocols that will be implemented moving forward.This position offers you a seat at the table.
If having your opinion not only heard, but valued and having a front row seat to the future of Orthopedics sounds like the right fit for you, then we look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
- Orthopedic: 1 year (Preferred)