ACL INJURIES & TEARS
INNOVATIVE NON-SURGICAL ACL REPAIR
PRECISION GUIDED, DIRECT VISUALIZATION STEM CELL TREATMENT
The Anterior Cruciate Ligament is an important ligament within the knee joint. It can prevent your lower leg bone from sliding too far forward and prevent your lower leg bone from rotating on your thigh bone. It provides stability in two different ways and is able to do this because of the way the ligament is made. Unfortunately, it is vulnerable to injury by either contact or non-contact injuries.
Traditionally, the only treatment for those left with an unstable knee after an ACL tear has been a surgical reconstruction. Now, there is a viable alternative option for patients who have sustained an ACL tear. The treatment utilizes your body’s own stem cells and other healing mediators called Autologous Stem Cell Treatment. At iOrthoBIOLOGIX we have developed techniques that allow for ULTRA-precision delivery of the biologics directly to the parts of the ligament that are damaged.
WHY CONSIDER A NON-SURGICAL STEM CELL TREATMENT FOR AN ACL TEAR? HERE ARE SEVERAL MAJOR REASONS…
- A Surgical ACL reconstruction is an invasive treatment that is not guaranteed to work and can cause other problems including reduced ROM and abnormal tissue formation.
- A Surgical ACL reconstruction attempts to make a tendon into a ligament; tendons are not designed to function as ligaments and therefore do not have the tiny nerve sensors on them and thus the knee will likely never feel quite like it originally did.
- The angle that surgeons use does not match the original angle of the ACL; this may be one of the reasons why the incidence of the development of Arthritis is the same with or without getting an ACL reconstruction.
- After a Surgical ACL reconstruction there is usually a long rehabilitation process with athletes not getting back on the field for 9 months or longer and most of the time (if it is going to happen) the athlete doesn’t get “back to being themselves” until the 2nd season following the reconstruction.
- No treatment, surgical or non-surgical is guaranteed to work. If the non-surgical biological repair does not work, there is still the option of trying the surgical reconstruction, although the reciprocal is not always true. In particularly severe cases, Stem Cell Augmentation treatment can be used in conjunction with Surgical ACL Reconstruction
Give us a call or email us today at 980-859-2340 or email@example.com to schedule a comprehensive evaluation of your knee injury with one of our Board Certified, Fellowship trained Orthopedic and Bio-Restorative Medicine Physicians.